Start a new topic

File type in Project template

From a certain good client I only receive Transit projects. I know that CafeTran doesn't store the file type in the Project templates.

But, if I'd like to add it manually, which key could I add to the xml?

Thanks in advance!

Playing with CafeTran's settings files stored in the system is neither recommended nor supported. If you make a mistake, it may cause issues which are hard to determine. CafeTran chooses the File Type automatically based on the file extension. In case of Transit, because each language has its own file extension, you just need to choose the Transit XML file type from the list of file types (in your screenshot). It is nothing complicated.

>It is nothing complicated.

No, it isn't indeed, but it is boring ;)

I can understand that you don't want to support all 369 three-letter language codes, just to make Transit files auto-detectable.

But how about a separate extension for Transit?

Introduction.nld.transit

Copyright.nld.transit

Safety.nld.transit

And upon export, the added extension .transit is removed.

Would that be an option?

it is boring ;)

Don't exaggerate. :) It just takes a second or two more to set up our project. 

Would that be an option?

No, it adds another level of complexity and it would take longer for a user to fiddle with Transit extensions than to choose its file type in CT.

I can understand that you don't want to support all 369 three-letter language codes, just to make Transit files auto-detectable.

In some future update, CafeTran might store in the settings the language file extension in Transit file that the translator actually uses in the projects to recognize it in the subsequent projects. 

1 person likes this

> if I'd like to add it manually, which key could I add to the xml?

The key is called "format" and it will be stored in Project Templates automatically starting from the next build. 

1 person likes this
Login to post a comment