Start a new topic

Tags in Studio Projects

Hello!

I think I've noticed a problem with tags in Studio projects. Normally, if you don't insert all tags in the target segment you get a warning from CT "Please insert all tags etc.", but sometimes in Studio Projects you don't get the warning when you forget to insert them. Second problem I've noticed is: even when this function works correctly and you insert ALL tags you have to and do a QA at the end, it can happen that CT reports missing tags or shows a source segment with a different number of tags in a different position, meaning you have to insert them all in the new position. In this case I'm sure I had placed them correctly and the number or position changed after QA. Have you ever noticed this?
Thanks!
Elisabetta

>I think I've noticed a problem with tags in Studio projects. Normally, if you don't insert all tags in the target segment you get a warning from CT "Please insert all tags etc.", but sometimes in Studio Projects you don't get the warning when you forget to insert them. 

This can indeed happen. I think that it depends on the file format (of the file(s) from which the Studio project has been created. You can send the project to Igor, so that he can check and adapt.

>Second problem I've noticed is: even when this function works correctly and you insert ALL tags you have to and do a QA at the end, it can happen that CT reports missing tags

Sometimes, tags look correct but actually represent different content. So there's no other solution than to delete them all and manually insert them again.

>or shows a source segment with a different number of tags in a different position, meaning you have to insert them all in the new position. In this case I'm sure I had placed them correctly and the number or position changed after QA. Have you ever noticed this?

That QA changes tags? No, I've never noticed that.

What I do have noticed, is that in propagated segments the tags look alright but actually have to be reinserted manually.

Hello Hans,
no, I didn't mean that QA changes tags :-) but that it finds incorrect tags, which I'm sure I placed correctly. But you may be right about propagated segments, maybe CT cannot place them correctly with propagation...

Login to post a comment