Start a new topic

REF: Instant copy of selected TARGET text in Quick search

Hello,

When I select text in the source segment, it gets copied in Quick the search field, which is very convenient, as I sometimes need to edit the text before launching a search.

I wonder if this could also be replicated when I select text in the target segment.

Indeed, I frequently use resources in the target language (synonyms, monolingual concordance, and my favorite: verbatim google search, with or without an asterisk for validating word choices, seeking collocations or finding missing bits).

Of course, after selecting text in either source or target, I can simply search the relevant resource using a keyboard shortcut.

However, I often find myself in need to copy paste the result in the Quick search field because it needs editing before I launch the search.

Instant copy of the selected target text would make this more convenient.

I don’t see any disadvantage in implementing this change, however, if this may disrupt any workflow, please leave the behavior as is (or make it optional).

Jean

1 person likes this idea

REF: *RFE in the title

Since Michael's back the good old REQ became RFF ;)

Anyway. I can see the use of your REQ(uest). It's exactly these tiny features that make CafeTran such a great environment for me. Could go back to a less advanced editor. Not even when it comes with fancy feature names.

I don’t see any disadvantage in implementing this change, however, if this may disrupt any workflow,...

For now, I can see no harm in it so it will be included in the next build.

Great, thank you!

It's there now ;). As of 2017-08-07 (build 19)

Login to post a comment