Start a new topic

REQ: "Import segments from project" more versatile

This is one of the first points I made on CafeTRan, but it has come back somehow.

Last week I did a post edit job, so I filtered for checked segments and imported them (via "Import segments from project") into memory. However, all segments were sent to the TM.

Wouldn't it be a nice idea to have a prompt popping up after clicking on "Import segments from project" where to choose

[ ] Checked segments

[ ] Translated segments

[ ] All segments

with only one point to choose (anything else does not make sense) and perhaps the first point to be preselected. This could also be a preset in the Preferences.

It is simply a matter of security, to avoid situations like "uh, I used the wrong filter" (I cannot exclude this in the case described above, though I am pretty sure I used the right one).

The "Import segments from project" in the update 18 checks for the project's filtered state and imports the filtered segments if the filter is active. I consider option dialogs or pop-ups only if there is no way to avoid them. 

> I consider option dialogs or pop-ups only if there is no way to avoid them. 

I know, but I never lose hope. No, seriously, that is why I suggested to have this somewhere in the Preferences. If it works better now, that's fine (or at least better than before).

Login to post a comment