Start a new topic

Dashboard bug: Total Recall tables not shown

• Start CafeTran
  • Click on the X on the left side from the templates icon
  • Empty project is being opened (by the way, what for? I do not see the point)
  • Close project
  • Bug: The Total Recall field is empty

When closing and restarting CT the entries are there again (same when opening a template, if I remember the XML correctly, the entries are saved there).

I do not see the point

The reason for closing the Dashboard (with an empty project) is to access the Preferences. They will soon be accessible from the Dashboard menu too, so the X (Close) button will be gone. Thanks for pointing it out!

is to access the Preferences

This has never been an issue for Mac users, by the way. But to make it soon accessible from the Dashboard also for Linux and other OSs is great.

Igor:
"The reason for closing the Dashboard (with an empty project) is to access the Preferences. They will soon be accessible from the Dashboard menu too, so the X (Close) button will be gone."

There are two other reasons why I regularly close the dashboard to do something:
1. For joining a memory with another, I close the Dashboard, choose "Memory -- Open memory" to open the first TM and then "Join memory" to open the other one. Actually, I do this quite often.
2. For some jobs (when the source text can't be converted to an editable document and the Clipboard workflow isn't convenient either), I don't use CT for translating but only for searching memories and glossaries. So I close the Dashboard and then, in the "empty project", open the needed memories and glossaries from the "Memory" / "Glossary" menus.

When the "X" button on the Dashboard is no longer there, will all this still be possible with no project open?

These are really good arguments.

Maybe the X should move into the right top corner, as it closes the dashboard, and does not belong to the templates as such.

But note: The first scenario can be reproduced when you drag a TM on the dashboard and choose "Edit TMX memory". Then you can join any other TM. Less clicks, faster turnaround. Isn't that great?

Login to post a comment