Start a new topic

Minor REQ: Fonts in the bilingual HTMl file

The bilingual file has the following export format:

<TR><TD WIDTH=2% style="font-family:verdana;font-size:12px;" BGCOLOR=#E5D9B7 BORDER=0 VALIGN=CENTER ALIGN=LEFT>6</TD><TD WIDTH=40% BORDER=0 VALIGN=TOP ALIGN=LEFT bgcolor=white><p>-   -</p></TD><TD WIDTH=40% BORDER=0 VALIGN=TOP ALIGN=LEFT bgcolor=white><p>-   -</p></TD><TD BGCOLOR=E5D9B7 BORDER=0 VALIGN=TOP ALIGN=LEFT><p><br></p></TD></TR>

This means that the number is displayed in Verdana, while the rest isn't (depending on the browser and word processor configuration, with Serif fonts such as Times). This is simply ugly and looks quite unprofessional.

I regularly use this feature to point out certain mistakes, comments or questions for Studio or memoQ files, in many cases via Word.

Possible solution:

Assuming that most browsers we use today can interprete CSS (Dillo anyone?), this code could also be replaced by beautiful CSS. (if you need a hand, please let me know). I suppose the Java HTML export function supports this (only to insert a chunk of code into the header, and if classes for the table cells are supported, even better). The p tag inside the table cell is another thing that should not be needed. 

And with CSS the files should become much smaller in size. 

1 person likes this idea

You're a perfectionist Torsten. I like it!

If I was a perfectionist, I would have noted this before. ;-)

Login to post a comment