Start a new topic

Creating a glued view from several multi-file projects

I'm finalising a big project. Because I wanted to keep track of the files already translated, for psychological reasons (work toward 0 untranslated words per project) and for technical reasons (probably not relevant since CafeTran performs very well on my iMac), I created several projects (chapters 1, 1.1, 1.2 ... 3.9, 4, 4.1 ... 5.9, etc.).

Obviously, this isn't very handy when it comes to finalising...

So I decided to copy all .xlf files to a new folder and open this as a new multi-file project that I could glue. Works perfectly.

After I had made the necessary replacements, I copied all XLIFF files back to their original locations.

Exported the projects, started reading, discovered errors that had to be corrected in all projects and hand to repeat the steps above.

My question is: Is there a way to load several XLIFF files, each covering multi-file projects, in different folders, without the hassle of the copying?

If you mean loading xliff files from multiple SDL projects in multiple locations, that's just impossible.

No, I mean Ct projects containing Word documents.

several XLIFF files, each covering multi-file projects, in different folders,

Select Open project folder... (the last item) from the Dashboard list of projects and choose the top level folder of your multifolders. 

Just checked this. What a nice feature! Thank you!

Login to post a comment