Start a new topic

Automatic fragments adjustment: is it any good?

Hello hello, me again. Haven't been using CT lately, but am always lurking somewhere, silently observing and comparing things to other CAT tools, etc.

I haven't had time to test it yet (I'm in the middle of a huge government doc about manure laws, in Déjà Vu X3), but this new Automatic fragments adjustment feature sounds very interesting. Anyone retest it yet with the second build?

Michael

Hello Michael,

Thank you for taking interest in the cutting edge innovations here at CafeTran. Currently we are in the beta stage of an experimental feature. We hope to inform you as soon as any news is available.

Kind regards,

Hans Lenting

CafeTran Innovation Officer 

Currently we are in the beta stage of an experimental feature

There is no beta stage. It is a fully functional feature with the ongoing fine tuning.

CafeTran Field Marshal :-)

Some more information about this function. Its character is dynamic picking the recently used match for a fragment/term or its synonym as the one with top priority to use in subsequent segments (both in auto-assembling and MT improvement). It can also adjust the basic form of a fragment (e.g. sunny day) to the one you actually use in the segment (e.g sunny days) provided that change is slight - in the form of the regular noun, in this example. Then, CT will use the adjusted fragment in the subsequent segments. So let's say CT suggests a correct virtual TM fragment (hit) by analyzing the context but your top priority glossary inserts another suggestion (e.g. basic form). If you use the virtual fragment in the current segment, CT will enhance the priority of this virtual fragment to use in the subsequent segments. 

1 person likes this

Sounds pretty advanced.

Hi,

I'm beginning to understand this new feature.

The user has been able to replace an automatically inserted translation by right-clicking on it in the target segment if there is an alternative. Then, the new selected translation is used as the top priority match in subsequent segments despite its priority.

The new feature seems to be a fully automated version of this translation/priority replacement feature, which is enhanced by including hits and near-same matches. Is it?

The new feature seems to be a fully automated version of this translation/priority replacement feature, which is enhanced by including hits and near-same matches. Is it?

That's correct. There is no need for the right-click manual action now.

Login to post a comment