Start a new topic

can't get my glossary to automatically show any matches

Hi guys and gals, it's been a while since I've used CT, but was just playing around with it again, and can't get my glossary to automatically show any matches. I can search in it, but when I move to the next segment, CT doesn't automatically show any matches in my glossary pane. I remember this used to happen sometimes, but can't remember how I used to fix it in the past. Any pointers?

Michael

Think I already figured it out. It seems to happens when I manually copy/paste a large bunch of crap into a .txt glossary, which by mistake contains some kind of character that is interpreted by CT as meaning something I am unaware of. Maybe a stray pipe character (|) or some such cryptic little gremlin.

Michael, Count of Hastings: ...a stray pipe character

You must be kidding, Michael. A pipe character? A semi-colon? A regex? They surely can't fuck up a resource, can they?

H≥

1 person likes this

Hi Michael, 

Please feel free to do any suggestions that you want to make, to enhance CafeTran's feature set.

Your requests can concern glossaries, regular expressions and other useful features!

Have fun playing around with CafeTran!

Cheers,

Hans

@woorden:

My point is: I now remember that in the past, I used to sometimes have trouble with a glossary, and then after sending it to Igor, he would invariably tell me he had found it contained some kind of character that was causing the problem. Can't remember now exactly what these were, or if they were always the same, but they were characters that CT was interpreting as meaning something.

For example, I just now deleted most of my test glossary, leaving only a small number of entries, and then it started working fine. I then pasted back more data, and it stopped working immediately. Therefore, I am pretty sure something in the data is causing the glossary to malfunction.

In CT glossaries, pipe characters can be used to mark the end of word stems, and semicolons are used to separate synonyms. Probably both can mess up a glossary when they're used in the wrong way.

Login to post a comment