Start a new topic

REQ: smart F4 list.

Hi,

the F4 list would be clearer if each element copied from it to the target segment was simultaneously deleted from the list. If subsequently deleted from the target segment it should appear on the F4 list again. That would lessen the possibility of mistakes. It would be even better if the list in the same manner took into account copying non-translatables via ALT+I or copy and paste.

Regards

Wojciech

If you transfer non-translatables only via F4-list, you should notice that the transferred non-translatable is put at the end of the list. This way, the next non-translatable to transfer is always the first one on the list.

Hi,
I am aware that a transferred non-translatable is put at the end of the list, and of course it is very helpful. But IMHO the proposed solution would be another step forward. That is because if the order of non-translatables in the target proves to be different than that in the source things get a bit complicated. And if you transfer one or more non-translatables  via ALT + I (which is often much faster, e.g. with addresses) the order on the F4 list ceases to reflect the facts.
The only exception could be with proper names because sometimes pronouns in the source are translated with the use of proper names. For this reason a given proper name could be kept in reserve at the end of the list at all times and marked with a colour as an extra non-translatable.

Regards

Wojciech

Hi,
removing from the F4 list items already used is certainly a move in the right direction.
However, Igor, now that a new solution has been introduced, would you consider restoring duplicates on the list. That would make much more sense currently.
I would also welcome removal of items typed into the target editor or copied otherwise than via the F4 list. I believe then it would be the ultimate in this regard.

Regards

Wojciech

Login to post a comment