Start a new topic

Question: clicking TM segment transfers Matchboard segment

Hi,

CT found a 47% match in my project TM and that's the one I want to transfer to the target pane. I click on "47% fuzzy match" on the left side, but what is transferred to the target pane is the matchboard sentence (the same, except with "orage" replacing "cyclone tropical"). 

I understand why matchboard is using "orage", but I want to keep "cyclone tropical" and the exact sentence from the TM. I am wondering why CT does not just transfer the full TM version when on click on it. Feature or bug?

Thanks for your help.

I do not understand why the term is replaced in the Matchboard result. I guess it's a bug.

If you press F1, does it show the result you want?

You may want to check auto-assembling preferences (even disable for testing) and TM/TB priorities (set results to low+keep out of auto-assembling everything that will yield worse results)

Hi idim,

When I press F1 it just shows me a the badly assembled (4%) target and the rest of the matchboard (see picture in 1st post).

Oh, just noticed I had "fuzzy match auto-correction" ticked. I unticked it and bingo, the matchboard didn't mess with it. So off it goes now.

However, it might be a good thing to not auto-correct the target when one specifically picks the TM side fuzzy rather than the matchboard auto-corrected target.

Anyway, thanks idim.

Glad you sorted it out.

So "fuzzy match auto-correction" can mess some results (and this replacement was disturbing), it's not like simply Transferring numbers to matches, but if you fine tune auto-assembling (choose which resources to use, add fragments/terms to Memory/Glossary etc.), it can certainly help with some content.

Actually, the "correction" wasn't badly done, CT changed "cyclone tropical" (tropical cyclone) into "orage" (storm) according to, I guess, my glossary entry for "storm". In this context it wasn't right, but I see how it could have improved the target.

However, it would be nice to still have the choice of the original uncorrected fuzzy even when "fuzzy auto-correct" is on.

Actually, the "correction" wasn't badly done, CT changed "cyclone tropical" (tropical cyclone) into "orage" (storm) according to, I guess, my glossary entry for "storm".

Yes, that's exactly what occurred. I think that even not the most accurate auto-correction is better than the original fuzzy match.

Thanks for confirming this, Igor. I might try to take better advantage of this feature. However, I'd still like to have the choice to fall back on the original fuzzy when clicking on it directly in the TM panel.

Thanks.

when clicking on it directly in the TM panel

Well, some users might skip the fuzzy match transfer via the Matchboard preferring the TM tab or panel (e.g. docked). Note that you may still transfer it uncorrected via the mouse swipe.

Note that you may still transfer it uncorrected via the mouse swipe.

True.

some users might skip the fuzzy match transfer via the Matchboard preferring the TM tab...

Also a good point, but maybe highlight/underline the corrected word in the TM tab so that the unsuspecting user will realize that what he is clicking on is not what is being transferred. Just a thought.

Thanks.

Login to post a comment