Next day, next problem.
I can import, open and see the TR database. But I cannot "recall".
What shall I do? I already made new TR databasses and renamed the old TR SQLite database to create a new one.
You may still have an old version of SQLite missing an update last year.
1. Go to Total Recall > Memory tables menu and select a table from which you tried to recall.
2. After the table is open in the tab, choose Total Recall > Show memory table info...
3. In the title bar of the info panel, make sure the SQLite version is 3.8.7.
4. Does the language pair of the project match the language pair of the table columns?
5. Did you create any additional columns apart from the language pair? If yes, check if they contain unusual characters.
Some more digressing: If CT had a "save all resources & preferences" feature, it would be quite easy to do a quick reinstall of CT without losing all these resources & preferences (formerly known as res files, internet resources, non-translatables – if not part of a glossary – etc.pp. – yes, I know that the TR DB can be installed elsewhere). I also acknowledge that making CT store all its informations in a separate folder might be quite complicated, as there are at least 3 OSs with different behavior.
It is a possible cause and the solution:
You may have deleted all the "Do not match" (punctuation) characters in Preferences so CT does not remove them from the queries. While performing the automatic look-up, CT searches the SQL database where some characters are special (reserved) - they should not be used. You might submit a ticket giving a Dropbox link to your copied database file to examine which character is causing the issue.
You might try to restore parenthesis () in the "Do not match" field and check again.
Maybe the ";" is another candidate.
Ticket with the TR DB will been sent in a couple of minutes.
Finest screenshots of SQ Lite errors.
My results and questions:
The punctuation issue is fixed in the latest update 8. CT handles those special characters even if you clear the "Do not match" field.