Start a new topic

REQ: Pathes for TMs, TBs and packages

This is a topic that usually works quite well in CT, but nevertheless I would like to make a minor request: 

• set fixed pathes for TMs and TBs in the preferences
  • keep different pathes (e.g. after opening an external TM or TB, e.g. from a client in another directory) only until CT is restarted
  • set the path for the "Save as package" command for Studio packages (or even any other packages) automatically to the path where the origin package is located/was opened
The issue in the actual version is that
  • you need to navigate back to your usual TM/TB folders after having opened e.g. a Studio TM in a very different folder, sometimes even several times after doing this only once – this is also the case when you need to open a TM CT did not "catch" when opening the package
  • you usually save a package in the same folder where the origin package was opened

I can see the advantages of fixed paths (possibly set in project templates, instead of in prefs?). However: 

>you usually save a package in the same folder where the origin package was opened

I save everything to my Desktop.

>I save everything to my Desktop

Well, I do not like this for some reasons (even on inferior OSs). You know Desktop Groups?

>You know Desktop Groups?

I do now :). I knew Fences for that other OS.

And BTW: I only have two drive icons on my Desktop (after export and sending I either delete or archive the exported translations).

Like my grandfather used to say:

Wer Ordnung hält im Leben,

scheißt ins Loch und nicht daneben.

After some digressing I have one more:

• set the path for the "Save as HTML' command for non-native projects/files automatically to the path where the origin package or file is located/was opened
  • just BTW: saving these HTML files as docx/rtf would be highly welcomed (no really need for reimporting, but only to open them faster in Word)
One more:
  • set the path for the "Save as TMX' command for translation of folders automatically to the project directory (AFAIR the default when translating single docs)

Login to post a comment