Start a new topic

Does this item add info in the MB?

Should the '1' be displayed?

Marking of < and > possible?

Hello Hans,

1. I guess from the image you mean the Matchboard by MB. Yes, it adds the information if the memory translation unit has attributes (e.g. creation date) and it lets you edit the match.

2. You can add any character or group of characters to non-translatable fragments literally or via the regular expression preceded by the pipe character |.

Sorry for being unclear! I meant: why is the 1 displayed at the source-side and no equivalent at the target-side? And besides that: should single numbers be displayed in the Matchboard at all.

should single numbers be displayed in the Matchboard at all.

Yes,  By hovering over or clicking at the numbers below the memory matches, you can access more information about the memory unit. There is no need to display them twice (on the source and target side). 

> There is no need to display them twice (on the source and target side.

Good point. This is what my MB (I really had to guess first – Macbook?) gives out (all TM hits) for a segment with the numbers 10, 4.0, 45 and (two times) 4.8 in it.

For me this is also much monitor space wasted.

Hey Igor, sorry for being so thick: now I understand that it's not a number from the text that's displayed there but an indicator (index) referring to a memory match. Perhaps the colour of the colour bar mislead me? Don't know. All clear now. Time for lunch.

It looks like the 1 is a separate item. How about some further optimisation here? Like, making the bar colour white and/or adding a descriptive text there. Difficult to say which one ...

Meaningful with two letters ...

TM?

for TM info/context.

Others may know.

Login to post a comment