Start a new topic

Q: Preliminary matching threshold

Hi,

Sorry, one more question on preliminary matching...

What is the best setting for the threshold? For example, if I'm working with a TM that contains around 45000 units, does it make sense to set it to 50000? (I recently noticed that CT was giving me fuzzy match results only for the units already present in the TM before starting the job, ignoring the newly added units.)

Alain: I recently noticed that CT was giving me fuzzy match results only for the units already present in the TM before starting the job, ignoring the newly added units

That's what Ive been saying for years, and why I set the threshold to 2,500,000, to kill preliminary matching/pretranslation under all circumstance. If really necessary, I'd run the pretranslation, save the resulting TM, and set it to not include it in Auto-Assembling. And exclude it from QA.

H.

What is the best setting for the threshold?

It depends on the hardware performance with the automatic matching. If you notice a delay in getting the matching results from a large memory, set the threshold (units number) to start the Preliminary matching automatically. Of course, like Hans, you can set the very high threshold and decide later by choosing the Preliminary matching command from the Translate menu.

Woorden, Igor... thank you :-)

Login to post a comment