Start a new topic

Tag content appearing in the Grid

Found this in a Studio package (status after my translation):

Why is the tag content (red text) shown in the grid? I never saw this before.

If it wanted to translate this content, what should I do (well, I shall keep it, but only if)?

These are protected fields/variables that normally don't need translation/shouldn't be translated. That's why the PM has protected them.

At least, in my toko.

Yes, that's clear. The point is: Should they really be visible in the grid, if they are not visible/only displayed as tags in the editor?

Maybe less experienced users become (there it is, my favorite word!) irritated.

Okay, so that's clear :).

Yes, they should be visible, since they provide valuable info.

So, irritated is your favourite word. Interesting. Mine are: suboptimal (for very bad quality, politically correct named) and flexible (as for how I see myself).

:D

To be more precise, irritated is not my favorite word, but surely the most frequent word I use here. I hope it helps at least sometimes.

Yes, showing the parameter value is very nice, this was my second thought after „how do I change this f... parameter“. But I fear there might be some users (newbies) less enthusiatic about that). Perhaps a case for the section „Tags“ in the help file.

The point is: Should they really be visible in the grid, if they are not visible/only displayed as tags in the editor?

From developer's point of view, they sometimes provide a context to the correct translation. Displaying them in the grid can do no harm even if they don't offer any meaningful context.

Login to post a comment