Start a new topic

Playing death match with CafeTran

Following situation in the target segment editor:

If the value to enter is 70.4200, I should not continue to type.

Similar behaviour with product names that mix up letters and words, let's say

Pimp120

Pimp130

Pimp240

This is not a frequent case, and there is an easy workaround  (clicking into the grid or clicking escape, but sometimes even several times, depending on the word structure).

Is there any other soultion or workaround?

I would probably use the numbers more often if they matched the actual rank. Right now my eyes tell me I want, say, the 3rd item1, but it is numbered 2. By the time my little neuron has figured it all out, my fingers have already typed the whole thing! or used the up or down arrows.

I would much prefer to have each term numbered and the first one picked by either typing "1" or return.

1 person likes this

Thanks Igor!

Numbers are used as the most convenient placement shortcuts. Pressing Escape and continue typing the number should be okay in most cases.

Yes, indeed. My second or third thought was to change the shortcut in these cases to Strg-1, Strg-2 etc. but this would blow the RAM and the user's experience, I think. And this is not frequent.

Though the numbers should remain in this menu, I am curious and I would like to know if and how oftern other users use them. I have a small Mac keyboard, and I use these numbers only randomly, but I really already thought about switching to the wider  MAc keyboard version with number pad (already present in my office) or to buy a single, small number pad.
I never use them except occasionally by accident - unless you're a very slow typer, by the time you've found the required option you would have typed the word anyway.
I'd be all for doing away with them.

I agree, Julie. I think that the current approach is a programmer's way to start a collection (first item in a collection is the 0th one).

>I would probably use the numbers more often if they matched the actual rank. Right now my eyes tell me I want, say, the 3rd item1, but it is numbered 2. By the time my little neuron has figured it all out, my fingers have already typed the whole thing! or used the up or down arrows.

It's a good remark. I hope to have the first item start from 1 in the next update.

Login to post a comment