Start a new topic

memories, Glossaries and NON-TRANSLATABLES

One client can have three different kinds of resources (actually more, when you have created a web resource).

It's not always easy to see, which pane displays which kind of resource for a client. So I must start using some scheme, like:

mueller for the TM

Mueller for the glossary

MUELLER for the non-translatables glossary

Hm, the TM and the glossary should be very easy to differentiate, no matter what display the glossary has (vertical or not), as long as they are visible. And why not NT_Mueller for the non-translatables, assuming you do not need to set a language code (and you do not need it visible, do you?).

If TM and glossary are not visible, why not simply set the prefixes TM and TB?

All true. Haven't made up my mind yet.

BTW: I thought that it'd be easy to create a Keyboard Maestro macro that I could assign to Ctrl+Alt+P (for placeable) and use this to add non-translatables to a user specific glossary for non-translatables.

However, the selection of that glossary is currently something that I'm breaking my teeth on.

All my projects have a path like: /Users/Hans/Dropbox/CT/prj/mueller

So I could extract the last part of the path and use this to set the non-translatables glossary:

/Users/Hans/Dropbox/CT/ntf/mueller.txt

But how can I determine with project is currently active/which is the project folder that's currently written too. I could also use the memory name/path to determine that, if that's easier.

I could search /Users/Hans/Library/Preferences/com.apple.java.util.prefs.plist for the key "original" and parse its value:

<key>original</key>
<string>/Users/Hans/Dropbox/CT/prj/mueller/update2017-03-02.docx</string>

But it looks like this key is only updated when the project has been closed in CafeTran.

/SOLVED

Via Bordmittel. I can simply click the button in the New term dialogue box, corresponding to the dedicated non-translatables glossary!

Okay, I've made up my mind:

non-translatables.txt for general non-translatables, like regular expressions and units

field-specific non-translatable lists, e.g. for software localisation

custom-specific non-translatables glossaries that are fed on the fly during the translation process

two examples attached

txt
(373 Bytes)
txt
(479 Bytes)
Login to post a comment