Start a new topic

REQ: Total Recall

Would it be useful to have a menu item in the TR menu to import the project segments directly to a TR table?

Why can't the read-only TM generated by a TR recall be saved as? E.g. for exchange/editing with an external text editor?

Since CafeTran stores tag positions in properties, would it be possible to store these properties in the table too?

Also I noticed that there is no menu item to delete a TR table, after a long search I found out that you must open the table, and delete in within the tab.

Mike

You can also delete it via the DELETE button in the Table Info dialogue box:

Then:

Mike: ...there is no menu item to delete a TR table

Well, it's not something you do a couple of times a day, so a Menu item is a bit superfluous. I can only imagine you delete a table when you make a stupid mistake adding it, or when you run out of disk space.

H.

Would it be useful to have a menu item in the TR menu to import the project segments directly to a TR table?

It would pollute it with lots of unneeded segments in the project while the user has control over what is added the project memory.

Why can't the read-only TM generated by a TR recall be saved as? E.g. for exchange/editing with an external text editor?

Because it is 'no write' TM. You can change it in Total Recall options.

Since CafeTran stores tag positions in properties, would it be possible to store these properties in the table too?

It would add unnecessary complexity and processing. It might be useful only for the re-translation of existing projects as the probability of the same tag positions in new projects is low. 

Login to post a comment