Here is an example of inaccurate formatting in Grid/Editor. The source document is a simple Word file (converted from a PDF file).
I would like to request CT present formatting tags as accurately as possible.
Did you use the special OCR filter? Or didn't you create the project?
Yeah, then you're in trouble.
I have a similar problem sometimes. When docx files (not a converted pdf) have some bold formatting, it does not get carried over to the target file. In the grid view, it shows up ok, but once exported, the bold disappears.
Also, in the middle of a bold sentence, I inserted a superscript once. The bold formatting disappeared after the added sup.
I do have to correct the font size or font type of some sentences from time to time.
> When another type of formatting is added to some part of an already formatted sentence, the original formatting is cancelled from that part onward.
Yes, it works as described above when applying the custom target formatting, that is, not via the format transfer from the source segment. I have been keeping it low priority because it is extremely rare when the translated phrase has a richer formatting than its source equivalent. In most cases, the translator simply transfers the formatting from source to target via tags, or skips the formatting present in the source segment.
> I have been keeping it low priority because it is extremely rare when the translated phrase has a richer formatting than its source equivalent.
Not rare for me. I have to add formatting all the time, because of sloppy writing in the source file or simply language differences (dates for examples). Right now it is driving me crazy, especially that it is now so easy in CT to add formatting via cmd B and I. My choice right now are effortlessly adding formatting into CT but having to look for and correct inconsistent font or font size as a result, or adding the formatting in the exported file. Not ideal. So, would you please, when you have a minute, make this a little more high priority. Thanks.
This is cross-posting from the other thread:
"Mixing of the custom formatting with the transferred formatting should be better now. It will be officially announced in update 3. I have just added it to the recently released update 2 as well. If you are eager to try it out, please download and apply the update 2 again".
Thanks! Can't wait to try it...
Well, I went against my usual common sense practice of NEVER updating software in the middle of a project and... So glad I did. The formatting bug as been crushed and productivity is up. Also, very nice additions (translate/checked/locked), etc. Thanks Igor.