Start a new topic

REQ: Add new term to custom.dic

I'd like to request the addition of any new word that is entered in the target box of the New term dialogue box to the Hunspell custom spelling dictionary.

1 person likes this idea

"any new word" being any word that is flagged by Hunspell as 'unknown spelling'

Related to this another request: Please enable spell-checking in the target box of the New term dialogue box.

Both points seconded.

There's a reason for Hunspell not recognising certain terms:

The risk of adding a wrongly spelled word to the customary dic may very well outweigh the advantages of adding words with unknown spelling automatically.

H.

>There's a reason for Hunspell not recognising certain terms:

Yes. Many words aren't indexed yet and have to be created on the fly by the technical translator, I'm sure that you're aware of that and not are just trolling again here in your eternal attempts to attack me.

>The risk of adding a wrongly spelled word to the customary dic may very well outweigh the advantages of adding words with unknown spelling automatically.

True. The careful checking has to take place in the New term dialogue box. And preferably, this adding will be implemented as an option.

What about... if the term is in the glossary, do not mark it as wrongly spelt?

And while we are on the subject of "spelling". It would be nice if the spell checking would realize when a word as been corrected "manually". If a word is flagged as incorrect and then corrected (manually) without using the drop down list, it remains underlined even if the spelling is now correct.

It would be nice if the spell checking would realize when a word as been corrected "manually".

It does realizes it as soon as you move the cursor on or keep on typing.

The spell-checker will work in the New Fragment/Term editor the same way it works in the target segment editor in the next update.

It does realizes it as soon as you move the cursor on or keep on typing.

Oh, I see why it never worked for me, I don't move around with the keys after I correct a word manually. I just jump back to where I was, most likely a few words/lines away, by mouse click.

So can the spell check be done upon "leaving" the word by any means, ie keys or mouse clicks? Thanks.

Hello Julie,

In today's build (2017013101), the spell-check for the currently-typed word also gets activated when you move the mouse.

Igor

>the spell-check for the currently-typed word also gets activated when you move the mouse.

Thank you so much. Works flawlessly.

I'd appreciate it if Huspell checker also works in the source segment where it is available (such as in an English-Japanese project).

>Huspell?

Isn't that one flagged on your Windows computer?

That's why I'm asking for this feature, you know.

Yeah, I understood that and please excuse my reply but I just found it too funny: making a typo in the name of a spell checker. It's like writing arrow instead of error.

Perhaps I should go home and have a good run in the forest and bang my head against a tree?

Login to post a comment