Start a new topic

REQ & QUESTION

Hi folks so 

QUESTION: How can I export a QA report? In the past I use tu run QA and then export it as HTML but now it's impossible, I get a warning saying: No proyecto to export (or something like that).

REQUEST: I find a bit frustrating the CafeTran "Dashboard". It's too much focused on showing resources but I find it very counterproductive for managing projects. Wouldn't it be better if we could have our projects at a glance, with their progress and a bit of info instead of a pop up menu as currently?

QUESTION: How can I export a QA report? In the past I use tu run QA and then export it as HTML but now it's impossible, I get a warning saying: No proyecto to export (or something like that).

It works okay here with the recent Release Candidate build via the Project > Export & exchange > To HTML File...

1 person likes this

Thanks Igor, I seems my project was corrupted, I tried again on a new one and it works as expected :).

By the way, another question:

In my workflow, I use to create a ProjectTM per project and I use a big one where I want to store all projectTM's once a project is finished. How can I merge the "Master TM" with each ProjectTM? It also applies to term bases.

I would recommend creating a Total Recall table where you can store all your TMs. Then, retrieve the segments from it for the current project context.

Alternatively, you can place all your TMX files in one folder and then choose Memory > Open memories folder... to access them all as one big TM.

Id like to use TotalRecall as the method seems very useful but I cannot bear seeing some weakness:

- What happens with repeated segments that you store there? I mean, I don't think there's an easy way to manage this.

- What happens with translation memory's attributes, like client, subject, etc? It really helps for concordance searches.

I agree with Victor. I was coming to the forum to ask exactly the same: 

REQUEST: [...]Wouldn't it be better if we could have our projects at a glance, with their progress and a bit of info instead of a pop up menu as currently?

I have projects with multiple files and and one bad memory (mine not the TM!). When I come back to a project, I can't always remember which file I was working on or how far into a file I was when I left it to start another file.

The pop up is fine, but lacks info like % done and % checked.

Thanks.

I support the idea of a navigator that allows us to pick and combine any XLIFFs from a project to translate. And yes, an individual progression indicator (and perhaps the number of words) per XLIFF would be most informative too.

1 person likes this

>- What happens with repeated segments that you store there? I mean, I don't think there's an easy way to manage this.

Currently, CafeTran manages it during the retrieval, that is, only one of the duplicates is recalled. It is also possible to remove the duplicates by recalling all  the segments from the old table, creating a new table and storing the recalled segments (without duplicates now) back in the new table. However, I would like to make it simpler in the future. 

> - What happens with translation memory's attributes, like client, subject, etc? It really helps for concordance searches.

You can activate some properties/attributes for Total Recall as well via Edit > Preferences > Definitions tab - before you create a new table in the database.

Login to post a comment