Start a new topic

REQ: Keybaord shortcut

I would like to request a keyboard shortcut for jumping to the "next untranslated (empty target) segment." This is useful especially when I go back and forth within the project for one reason or another.

Cheers,

1 person likes this idea

Hi,

good suggestion, I miss it, too.

Regards
                 Wojciech
I just found that you can skip "checked segments" (Menu > Action > Skip); that is, if you keep each and every translated segment checked, you can jump to the next untranslated segment.

@masato: I just found that you can skip "checked segments" (Menu > Action > Skip)...

In my case, with certain sdlxliff files alrealdy partially translated, some segments are already set as checked by the client. On the screenshot below, you can see that segment 95 is an unlocked but checkec 100% match (indicated in dark gray, as the for the locked 94 segment).

Even after I use the "Reset segments status" option in the Task menu, segment 95 is still marked as checked.

Should I conclude that a segment marked as checked by CT is different from a segment marked as checked by Studio?

If so, this can have annoying consequences if you use the "skip checked segments" option, since both CT and Studio checked segments will be skipped.

Igor?

Hi Alain,

Your screenshot seems to be showing the grid during the QA. Here, CafeTran highlights the 100% matches in grey as well. This marking is probably slightly confusing and may be removed in the future.

Igor 

@Igor: Your screenshot seems to be showing the grid during the QA

No it's not. I just opened the file and applied the "Checked segments" filter to see what happens. And then I did "Reset segments status". That's all. In both cases, segment 95 was displayed as a checked segment. So "Reset segments status" had no effect and I was wondering why.

The option (menu) Action > Skip > Translated segments will be present in the next update.

Login to post a comment