Start a new topic

Tagging of leading spaces

So many Japanese document writers use leading spaces (full/half width) to adjust the sentence start position.

SDL packages reproduce them accurately, but these are really annoying when working with CT. According to my experience, the segment translations are lost in Trados if these leading spaces + tags are omitted.

I would appreciate it if leading spaces are shown as a tag or otherwise for easier handling.

Example of an SDL Trados file being translated with CT (boundary tag is hidden):

>I would appreciate it if leading spaces are shown as a tag or otherwise for easier handling.

I'd prefer a representation as a non-breaking space rather than as yet another tag:

For me, the best solution is an option to hide leading spaces.

A regex filter (AKA regex tagger) would make that possible.

That is: a means to resegment SDLXLIFF based on regular expressions and to hide strings in these files and represent them as tags.

Like here: on this Saturday morning I'm translating an SDLXLIFF (created from an XML) where the bullets ✓ are represented by a ü plus a tag indicating the font change:

It would be great to exclude all these bullets from the segments via 

\Aü\<x1\/>

or something like that

Regex tagger is a bit difficult for me, but looks promising. How do you activate it?

It has to implemented first. I've been requesting this for years now. Regarding the complexity: you're a very clever guy, don't make yourself smaller.

Login to post a comment