Start a new topic

Yandex

This Yandex MT engine is quite a useful addition. The results that I'm getting, are sometimes better than those of Google Translate and Microsoft Translator:

Thanks Igor!

Extremely useful. Very happy with this addition. Translations for my lingo combo are often way better than those of Google Translate and Microsoft Translator.

Good to hear that Hans!

It's almost frightening how much the Yandex suggestions that I get for my German > Dutch are better than those of Google Translate and Microsoft Translator. Is this a result of the two famous Russian 'software teams'?

Today I noticed several times that Y performed better on typos and words joined together because of missing spaces. Interesting reading stuff: https://slator.com/technology/yandex-puts-machine-translation-at-the-core-of-new-ai-strategy/

I read the above and it seems that Yandex charges $15 a month for 0-50 million characters per month. That being said, I registered for a key just a few minutes ago and have been able to successfully translate 845+ characters without paying anything. Does this mean that there is a certain amount that can be used each month for free?

There's nothing about this in the above article nor on the Yandex site.

Just wondering.

Will

I have never paid them anything.

Interesting. Probably the less said the better.

Login to post a comment