Start a new topic

REQ : Paragraphs in the Segments Grid

Hi,

It would be nice to have some way to indicate the beginning and the end of paragraphs in the Segments Grid.

3 people like this idea

Hi,

I support your idea.

It would be nice to see Grid showing the paragraphs boundary by way of a thick bold line, or double-height clearance, or otherwise.

Definitely support this idea, and shoudl also indicate bullets and numbering, tables, headers and footers, etc. (preferably with an intuitive graphical indicator).

The segments grid is meant to display the textual information + basic formatting. Actually, it is easy to generate and display the "source segment preview" in CT with paragraphs, bullets, tables etc.

https://cafetran.freshdesk.com/solution/articles/6000114872-source-document-preview-as-html-page

Thank your for directing me to this feature.

I'm personally interested very much in using this feature for a Trados Studio package: Studio's preview feature appears to be a sort of garbage to me, and memoQ does not support preview for these packages.

But, the knowledge base says: "Most of the currently-translated segments will be highlighted in this view."

In what cases do you expect that this feature may not work properly? Segments containing tags or having other differences?

> In what cases do you expect that this feature may not work properly? Segments containing tags or having other differences?

The feature highlights the currently edited segment by searching it in html preview file automatically. CafeTran takes out the tags before the search to match it more precisely but there might still exist slight differences between the html segment and the current source segment in CT editor. For example, html preview might convert all types of white spaces into one ordinary space while CT preserves the exact spacing.   

Hello,

I tried the source preview feature, but for unknown reasons, it did not work. If some possibility of failure under certain conditions cannot be avoided, I want to renew my support for the captioned request: indicating the paragraphs boundary in some way.

I noticed a paragraph mark in a Word document opened with CT's internal Notepad.

It might be useful if it is shown in the Grid in a similar way.

Login to post a comment