Start a new topic

Voting for additions

Would it be possible to add a voting system for additions to CafeTran?

2 people like this idea

Only if voting against "additions" is possible as well. I'm against everything, especially additions.

H.

Sure. Why not.

I can see that this Freshdesk forum allows voting. By the "likes" and general discussion, I can see the general level of interest in the request. On the other hand, even one-voted request can suddenly become very interesting and top priority. The other day, I read that the creator of the popular Python programming language implements new features only if they can be made simple and clear even when it can take years in making them so. I have not been strictly bound to this rule yet but simplicity and clarity should definitely be the guiding principle both in requesting and the implementation.  

>I have not been strictly bound to this rule yet but simplicity and clarity should definitely be the guiding principle both in requesting and the implementation.  

I think that this simplicity and autonomous solution has always been a major design principle of CafeTran–very much appreciated by many loyal users.

Yes, CafeTran users, let us use the thumb up to show our interest in proposed additions. 

1 person likes this

> "Autonomous solution"

Yep, that's the other one. When I see the argument that another CAT tool has this or that, I stop reading it.

Just joking,

Igor

IK: simplicity and clarity

Amen.

H.

Login to post a comment