The new build of update 25 (2016111701) fixes the Dashboard visual issue where the window is too narrow to display the resource names properly. Then CafeTran switches Dashboard orientation. It also arranges the Dashboard panels space better. If you do not want to wait for the next update, please download and install the update 25 again.
Once I've dragged the Total Recall pane to the right, I cannot resize it again by dragging it to the left.
Best for me would be to be able to totally close this pane.
CafeTran Espresso 2016 Ichiro - Update 25 is available for download. The update can be performed via the Drag & Drop procedure as follows:
1. Run CafeTran.
2. Download 20161109_update.zip file from here (do not unzip or rename the file after downloading) and place it on your desktop.
Note: On Mac OSX, the Safari web browser may unzip the file automatically after downloading. To prevent this, just use the right-click menu and choose the "Download Linked File" command.
3. Drag and drop the downloaded file into the Project Dashboard and restart the program.
Alternatively, you can install the update via the Update button in the Help > About panel instead of dragging and dropping.
- Long matches in the Matchboard switch to the vertical display to save the space.
- Matchboard's right-click option to shorten match information in the grid.
- The default font scale setting for websites in the View > Font menu.
- Redo/Undo function in the source segment pane.
- Automatic case adjustment of the target segment while typing - an option in the Edit > Target menu.
- A new major feature "Bind external editor" (see the option in the menu Edit) with its AutoNext function.
Binding the external editor to CafeTran serves two purposes:
1. Enable dictation with CafeTran across all operating systems.
2. Enjoy your favorite typing environment and its functions (e.g. alternative spell checker, grammar-checker).
When you finish dictating or typing of the target segment in the external editor:
On Windows and Linux, press CTRL+A followed by CTRL+ C shortcut.
On Mac OSX, press Command+A, Command+C, Command+TAB shortcut.
The AutoNext function handles the addition of the current segment to the memory and takes the next segment for translation automatically. It also corrects the capitalization of the target segment and its ending punctuation - two frequent errors during dictation.
On each operating system, the above shortcuts can be grouped as one, activated by a voice command if you wish. The detailed description will be available in the Knowledge Base soon.
The AutoNext function has been tested on each operating system in Google Chrome browser using Google Docs "Voice typing" tool which works with lots of languages. The function can be used in other editing environments (e.g. MS Word or LibreOffice) with your preferred dictation program (e.g. Dragon Naturally Speaking).
Hopefully, this new feature will add yet another translation technique, boost and fun to your workflow.
1 person likes this