CafeTran Espresso 2016 Ichiro - Update 24 is available for download. The update can be performed via the Drag & Drop procedure as follows:
1. Run CafeTran.
2. Download 20161102_update.zip file from here (do not unzip or rename the file after downloading) and place it on your desktop.
Note: On Mac OSX, the Safari web browser may unzip the file automatically after downloading. To prevent this, just use the right-click menu and choose the "Download Linked File" command.
3. Drag and drop the downloaded file into the Project Dashboard and restart the program.
On Mac OS X, the Java 1.8.0_77 update broke the drag and drop function in CafeTran. The fix is available starting from CafeTran's Update 4. If you skipped all the updates from 4 to 23, please choose the downloaded update file via the Help > About > Install Update button instead of dragging and dropping it into the Project Dashboard.
1. Sizing and highlighting improvements to the Matchboard.
2. Added the following options to the Matchboard:
- sort matches alphabetically. If this option is disabled, CafeTran displays the matches sorted by their quality
- show fuzzy memory fragments
- show fuzzy glossary terms
- show auto-assembling result
The above options are accessed via the right-click at the Matchboard.
3. For Mac OSX, there is a new option to wrap tabs - see the menu View > Tabs > Wrap tabs.
4. Consistent colors for resources in their search bar buttons, Matchboard results and Dashboard panels.
>Consistent colors for resources in their search bar buttons, Matchboard results and Dashboard panels.
Very nice. This should help novice users to find their way in this magnificent translation editor.
Would it add some 'rest for the eye' if the buttons for Google Translate and Bing Translator would have the same width as all the other ones? Or am I slightly autistic here?
Okay, I'm probably requesting the impossible here, so please don't get irritated or even offended. I'm just politely asking whether it would be possible to add the MT engines to the context menu of the Match Board.
Think is that I have these engines already displayed below the Segments editor and the MB at the secondary monitor. I'd like to have it start with the AA result, instead of the Google Translate and Bing Translator result (that I already have visible).
Yep, very particular request, but nevertheless.
Sorting of the Matchboard results broke the display of target language synonyms in today's update. It is fixed now so please reapply the same update 24.
The additional option to hide the MT results from the Matchboard has just been added as well.
Igor, I MUST say thank you for listening to us, you really got it! (and I'm very happy^^). Two things:
- I find "labels" to be still very intrusive and taking too much space, but I must confess I don't know what would I do to solve it without regarding the equivalent matchboard from memoQ,
- I don't know if I did something wrong (or maybe misunderstood) but I'm still getting "fuzzies" from TM even if I've disabled "show fuzzy memory fragments". Can it be a bug?
I like this modern and colourful new look!
Brightens up my working day.
> show fuzzy glossary terms
Would it be possible to give Stemmed fragments (glossary terms) a strong signal colour? Very bright yellow with black text, perhaps even blinking?
> Would it be possible to give Stemmed fragments (glossary terms) a strong signal colour? Very bright yellow with black text, perhaps even blinking?
This would be in contrast and disagreement to the current approach that highlights and exposes the possibly best matches.
> I'm still getting "fuzzies" from TM even if I've disabled "show fuzzy memory fragments"
What label do they have? If they have the Virtual label, it means they are fragments of the better quality than other fuzzy TM fragments.
The default font scale option for Websites display will be in the next update officially. However, I have just added it to the update 24 as well. If you need to use it now, you can apply the update 24 again. See this new option in the menu View > Font.
Strange. I have no New Project button in the Dashboard and no web resource works.
You may have a small screen and a very long project name in the in the recent resources box. There is no room for the "New project' button. Remove or shorten the name of that project. CafeTran should handle such long project names and shorten them in the display. To be added in the next update.
Of course. How could I forget that. Had just reset the settings. That's what this test MacBook Pro is for, after all. No worries & thanks mate.
>Remove or shorten the name of that project.
Just for the record: I cannot shorten anything here. These names are hard coded.