CafeTran Espresso 2016 Ichiro - Update 22 is available for download. The update can be performed via the Drag & Drop procedure as follows:
1. Run CafeTran.
2. Download 20161022_update.zip file from here (do not unzip or rename the file after downloading) and place it on your desktop.
Note: On Mac OSX, the Safari web browser may unzip the file automatically after downloading. To prevent this, just use the right-click menu and choose the "Download Linked File" command.
3. Drag and drop the downloaded file into the Project Dashboard and restart the program.
On Mac OS X, the Java 1.8.0_77 update broke the drag and drop function in CafeTran. The fix is available starting from CafeTran's Update 4. If you skipped all the updates from 4 to 21, please choose the downloaded update file via the Help > About > Install Update button instead of dragging and dropping it into the Project Dashboard.
1. Fixed sorting of the glossary matches in the order of appearance for CJK languages when the Prefix option is on.
2. Listing non-translatables (F4 keyboard shortcut) in the order of appearance.
and the reported issues fixed later in update 21 as well:
- the segment parser changes dynamically when it detects the change from CJK source language to a language with the word separator.
- the spell checker gets deactivated when the user switches to a target language with no spell-checking dictionary available for it.
- the actual name of the new memory is shown (instead of "New TM") when creating it in the Dashboard.
Enjoy your weekend!
> One question: Does the auto parser switching work in the reverse direction (i.e., from English to CJK), too?
Yes, it works both ways.
Suggestions for Matchboard:
- Disable/enable auto assambly as it tooks too much space and for some language pairs it's unusuable.
- Rearranging things, for example, having 1st MT, 2nd TM matches, 3rd TB (please, different color for TB matches, it's impossible to indentify them when lots of fragments), 4th fuzzies // instead of having terms mixed with fragments.
- Getting less but mor accurate fragments (I get my matchboard full of things I don't even need, so it gets cluttered and I find hard to indentify stuff).
There is a problem with new arrangement of non-translatables. The program marks random fragments as non-translatables and loses the correct fragments. It occurs in segments with "strange" tags.
I confirm the issue with non-translatables appeared in the update 22. It should be fixed in the update 23 this week.
You post about it at the wrong news thread. Please check the announcement and the information for Mac users here.