as already mentioned befor, i changed to Cafetran a few months again, but the Trados world is still in my mind. So this is why I have the following question.
- I have a memory for legal translations English to German
- Also a memory for legal translations German to English
- Both memories are partially identical, i.e. have identical segments, just in different language directions
I now discovered that in Cafetran you seem to need only one memory which you can revert. Question:
How can I import memory E - D into memory D- E and ensure that the segment are not duplicated?
And how can I import memory D - E into E - D and yet again avoid duplication?
Is there a process for this?
In the end I would like to have only one memory whose language direction I can then revert.
I hope I was able to explain my issue.
Kind regards and have a nice evening
You can achieve it in two steps:
1. Merge the two memories.
- Put them in one folder.
- Activate the Memory menu via View > Show memory menu
- Go to Memory > Open memory folder...
- After loading the segments, save the merged TMs as one - Memory > Save memory as...
- Reopen the project but this time choose the merged tmx translation memory.
2. Remove the duplicate entries.
- Activate the Task menu via View > Show Task menu.
- From the Task menu, choose either Remove TMX duplicate units or Remove TMX duplicate source segments (the target may be different here)
- Save the memory via Memory > Save memory.