>6. Fixed a reported minor issue
Thanks for fixing the minor issues too :).
I'd like to test this for Total Recall. Do you know if it is possible to use MariaDB instead? This is intended to be a drop-in replacement for MySQL that will remain free under the GNU GPL. MySQL is not distributed anymore in my GNU/Linux distribution, as it has been dropped in favor of MariaDB.
Is this the connector I need the one listed here:
> Do you know if it is possible to use MariaDB instead?
It should probably work with MariaDB too. However, you need to install the java connector manually as follows:
1. Find the driver's .jar file in the MariaDB java connector folder on Linux and rename it to: mysql.jar
2. Copy the renamed mysql.jar file to CafeTran's installation lib folder.
3. Select MySQL in Edit > Preferencese > Database connection: box and click the Database connection: button.
4. Change the Driver class name from: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver to org.mariadb.jdbc.Driver.
After some testing, I should make it easier in CafeTran to connect to MariaDB in the near future.
Nice (especially points 4 to 7).
Sometimes I have the impression that I do not really perceive/use all new features. Maybe it would be a nice idea to make a webinar/recording before the next big release (or shortly afterwards) that introduces only the new features since January 2016 for somehow advanced users.
>4. Increased the fonts of the main interface buttons for 2K resolution screens.
I'm aware of the the fact that you cannot make everybody happy, but actually these button labels are overwhelmingly fat and eye jumping on my iMac Retina:
How about this compromise:
When user selects big icons > big labels
When user selects small icons > labels as before this build, because they are really HUGE now ...
What about macOS Sierra?
I just loaded this update to my new 4K lenovo laptop, but there is no change in the appearance from before.
Please help as CafeTran is completely unusable in this state.
Perhaps this is the time to conclude that a policy of One size fits all doesn't work with regards to screen resolution. How about different profiles for Windows 4K, iMac Retina etc.?
CafeTran Espresso 2016 Ichiro - Update 19 is available for download. The update can be performed via the Drag & Drop procedure as follows:
1. Run CafeTran.
2. Download 20161003_update.zip file from here (do not unzip or rename the file after downloading) and place it on your desktop.
Note: On Mac OSX, the Safari web browser may unzip the file automatically after downloading. To prevent this, just use the right-click menu and choose the "Download Linked File" command.
3. Drag and drop the downloaded file into the Project Dashboard and restart the program.
4. Drag and drop the downloaded file into the Project Dashboard and restart the program. Second time!
The step 4 above is only for the users who missed the preview (Harbinger) and Ichiro updates with the new icon sets.
On Mac OS X, the Java 1.8.0_77 update broke the drag and drop function in CafeTran. The fix is available starting from CafeTran's Update 4. If you skipped all the updates from 4 to 18, please choose the downloaded update file via the Help > About > Install Update button instead of dragging and dropping it into the Project Dashboard.
1. This update provides the implementation of contextual Total Recall system working with the alternative MySQL database. This is a recommended solution for a central database system serving numerous clients on the network or with the storage and recall of very large translation memories consisting of several million segments. Please see this article for connection details.
2. Fixed an issue with hidden rows in Ms Excel files filter.
3. Added the check for empty lines in text glossaries which may block the correct recognition of some entries.
4. Increased the fonts of the main interface buttons for 2K resolution screens.
5. Brought back the optional Autoassembling and Fuzzy matches pop-up panel. See the new checkbox menu Translate > Pop up auto-assembling panel.
6. Fixed a reported minor issue when the user creates a new translation memory in the Dashboard. The file chooser to save this memory appears later on during the translation. It shouldn't as the file has already been saved during its creation.
7. The correct recognition of Ms Word .docm files containing macros. There is no need to rename them manually now.
Thank you for your feedback!