Start a new topic

add Yandex translate MT

Yandex would make a good addition to the existing MT ressources, along with Google, Microsoft and MyMemory.

OmegaT already has a support for an API key.

It may be useful depending on the language pairs used.

https://tech.yandex.com/translate/

Please consider adding it to CafeTran if deemed a good idea.

3 people like this idea

Sounds logic!

Would be very interesting to watch how Yandex performs compared to Bing Translator and Google Translate.

It'd also be very nice if the three (four) MTs could be grouped together in a fixed order in the tabbed pane.

grouped together in a fixed order in the tabbed pane.

Yes, indeed.

I'm trying to create a web resource definition, but it doesn't work:

Screen%20Shot%202016-11-03%20at%2022.01.25.png

Result in the tabbed pane:

Screen%20Shot%202016-11-03%20at%2022.01.48.png

"Not possible to complete translation". It doesn't matter whether I make the resource floating. Or when I type directly in the source language box.

I tried and I have the exact same error. Pure hypothesis, but there might be a limitation, forcing to use the API for Yandex translate integration. "The API makes it possible to embed Yandex.Translate in a mobile app or web service for end users."

Good morning everyone,

Currently, Yandex does not to work with the embedded browser. You can display the results in the system browser if you select: System Browser in the Style field of the Resource information panel.

1 person likes this

>Currently, Yandex does not to work with the embedded browser. You can display the results in the system browser if you select: System Browser in the Style field of the Resource information panel.

Any news on this? Especially since MyMemory seems to be down:

On a side note: why is it that CafeTran is repositioned 'off screen' (only the top left corner is visible, in the bottom right corner of the screen) after performing a web resource query for Yandex?

Hello Hans,

> Any news on this?

The news on the feature will appear when it is implemented successfully.

> why is it that CafeTran is repositioned 'off screen

Maybe a system web browser connection issue? To be checked in 2017.

I am happy to say that Yandex addition is coming soon...

2 people like this
Login to post a comment