CafeTran Espresso 2016 Ichiro - Update 17 is available for download. The update can be performed via the Drag & Drop procedure as follows:
1. Run CafeTran.
2. Download 20160907_update.zip file from here (do not unzip or rename the file after downloading) and place it on your desktop.
Note: On Mac OSX, the Safari web browser may unzip the file automatically after downloading. To prevent this, just use the right-click menu and choose the "Download Linked File" command.
3. Drag and drop the downloaded file into the Project Dashboard and restart the program.
4. Drag and drop the downloaded file into the Project Dashboard and restart the program. Second time!
The step 4 above is only for the users who missed the preview (Harbinger) and Ichiro updates with the new icon sets.
On Mac OS X, the Java 1.8.0_77 update broke the drag and drop function in CafeTran. The fix is available starting from CafeTran's Update 4. If you skipped all the updates from 4 to 16, please choose the downloaded update file via the Help > About > Install Update button instead of dragging and dropping it into the Project Dashboard.
- The ability to open the recently-supported .mqxlz files via Drag & Drop on the Dashboard panel.
- Increased the maximum font point size of the adjustable interface elements to 50 - for convenient adjustment in high resolutions screens.
- Added the "Prefix matching" matching option for glossaries.
- Proper handling of synonyms/alternative terms and other fields in tab-delimited text files opened via the Memory interface (menu Memory > Open memory...)
Thanks for the feedback!
>- Added the "Prefix matching" matching option for glossaries.
Just installed this update and almost got a hart attack when I had a look at my two glossary panes. Zillions of matches on one word stem. Took some time until I realised that I had to deactivate this one:
Well, the users requested such fuzziness for glossaries as well hence the Prefix matching option is on by default. In the Memory tab of the Preferences panel, you can control the minimal length of prefixes to reduce the fuzziness. The Prefix length is the same for translation memory and glossary entries so that Auto-assembling function could work correctly.
Yup. All's fine. It's just that I didn't expect it as an old fox.
An impressive update. Thank you!