Start a new topic

Change .ctp to .zip for .mqxliff and .sdlxlifff

When exporting .mqxliff and .sdlxlifff as a package, the extension.ctp is used. Please make this .zip in order not to confuse users and their clients.

See for instance: http://www.proz.com/forum/cafetran_support/305759-exporting_sdlxliff.html, but the question is raised quite often.

I see absolutely no need to "export" an SDLXLIFF file. Just send the translated file to the agency.

H.

For novice users this drilling down into the folder structure can be difficult. Furthermore, the intuitiveness and consistency of using export for these file types just as with all other file types. Click Finalize then click Export (which BTW should be called Exchange or Share--but that's another discussion).

Hans Lenting: For novice users this drilling down into the folder structure can be difficult.

The novice user as mentioned on ProZ knew how to "drill" her way to the SDLXLIFF file to be translated, so I reckon she can find it again.

Do not make things more difficult than they are.

H.

Like I said, novice users often place a third-party in a subfolder somewhere on their system and then forget about it. That's how people work. We and CT should be tolerant for that. We should be tolerant towards all other people unless they are trying to harm us. Then we should stand up, unite and face this evil person. But that's a different discussion.

Rather than being tolerant, we should provide the correct information. Exporting an SDLXLIFF file as a CT package is not the right procedure. Not even if you change the extension into *.zip. Poor newbies. It's madness. If not one step beyond madness.

H.

Login to post a comment