Start a new topic

REQ Marking of regular expression result in Target segment pane too

regular expressions are great to quickly do some final editing/QA, e.g. if you decide that it looks nicer/is more consistent to make the first letter of a word (not uppercase) always in lowercase:

CafeTran shows the matches in the project segments pane and you can enable the segment filter to group them:

the matches are marked in the project segments pane (green)

request: would it be possible to let CafeTran apply the same regular expression when entering the Target segment pane? so that ": Li" would be selected there too?

then I could easily change it to lowercase, without navigating to these letters first

here's the regular expression BTW:

I think that it would be possible to do the replacement automatically too, but I didn't have time to fiddle around with it.

I think that it would be possible to do the replacement automatically too, but I didn't have time to fiddle around with it.

Sure, just type the replacement word and then press the "Replace and Edit" button. CafeTran set the replacement filter and replaces automatically as you move to each the next segment. 

True, never used this "Replace and Edit" button, so I didn't think of it here. But the problem is more complex: after the colon different letters can follow, and they have to be adjusted to lower case individually. Must be possible with look ahead/look behind regular expressions. Will play with them when I'm feeling like that.

Login to post a comment