Start a new topic

memoQ solution for mqout packages

This is to let you know that I've started working on a solution for mqout packages. A first version is already available, using Keyboard Maestro and shell functions to unzip the content.

Contact me directly when you want to test the solution.

The Keyboard Maestro is ready now. I select a memoQ MQOUT package on my Desktop, press Alt+F2, select m for memoQ and I get a folder containing the MQXLIFF, an embedded TMX and possibly an embedded CSV glossary file.

Next step will be to try to convert the CSV to a tab-delimited CafeTran glossary. This will probably require AppleScript, OSAX and more knowledge then I have ;).

>press Alt+F2, select m for memoQ 

Come to think of it: Keyboard Maestro can detect the mqout extension itself and start the appropriate macro (slppx > start the Studio macro, ppf > start the Transit macro). Okay, I'll leave that for another bloody hot Sunday.

>Next step will be to try to convert the CSV to a tab-delimited CafeTran glossary. This will probably require AppleScript, OSAX and more knowledge then I have ;). // The guys at the KBM Discourse kindly provided a nice shell script. I just have to link it to my macro and the handling of MQOUT packages will be fully automated. Next challenge: download mQ server projects from the Mac side.

I stumbled upon an article this morning that may just do the trick. I can't test it on a glossary file of the samsung of CAT tools with commas as separators for other things than field separators, because I don't have such a file, but the (free) Automator Service mentioned in the article works well:

Terpstra extended it with a Ruby script I don't understand, but it should deal with the aforementioned problem.

H.

Login to post a comment