Start a new topic

memoQ solution for mqout packages

This is to let you know that I've started working on a solution for mqout packages. A first version is already available, using Keyboard Maestro and shell functions to unzip the content.

Contact me directly when you want to test the solution.

I stumbled upon an article this morning that may just do the trick. I can't test it on a glossary file of the samsung of CAT tools with commas as separators for other things than field separators, because I don't have such a file, but the (free) Automator Service mentioned in the article works well:

Terpstra extended it with a Ruby script I don't understand, but it should deal with the aforementioned problem.

H.

>Next step will be to try to convert the CSV to a tab-delimited CafeTran glossary. This will probably require AppleScript, OSAX and more knowledge then I have ;). // The guys at the KBM Discourse kindly provided a nice shell script. I just have to link it to my macro and the handling of MQOUT packages will be fully automated. Next challenge: download mQ server projects from the Mac side.

>press Alt+F2, select m for memoQ 

Come to think of it: Keyboard Maestro can detect the mqout extension itself and start the appropriate macro (slppx > start the Studio macro, ppf > start the Transit macro). Okay, I'll leave that for another bloody hot Sunday.

The Keyboard Maestro is ready now. I select a memoQ MQOUT package on my Desktop, press Alt+F2, select m for memoQ and I get a folder containing the MQXLIFF, an embedded TMX and possibly an embedded CSV glossary file.

Next step will be to try to convert the CSV to a tab-delimited CafeTran glossary. This will probably require AppleScript, OSAX and more knowledge then I have ;).

Login to post a comment