Start a new topic

A new Proz.com and TM-Town feature

Hi everyone,

ProZ.com and TM-Town are introducing a new feature #nowxl8ing (“Now translating”) that enables translators to share with other translators descriptions of the projects they are currently working on. You can use #nowxl8ing to share experiences with colleagues, to keep a personal record of the projects you have worked on, and optionally to develop a track record over time. 

I am working on the API for this service to be included in CafeTran. The CafeTran beta version for brave testers is here: 

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/56031844/Cafetran.jar

Just drag and drop the Cafetran.jar file on the dashboard to update.

This feature is displayed in the optional ProZ.com service tab (the green button  called "What are you working on right now?). 

After posting the #nowxl8ing message, it can be seen at the ProZ.com home  page after posting it.

Thanks for testing!

Igor

Well, let's wait and see when they'll go public with this newz. I bet that Igor's adding some new interesting features as we speak.

Perhaps we can soon win a car?

One day to go.

Tomorrow we'll know.

Congratulations Igor

Thank you here and there.

Igor

Congrats. Smart move. This might take CT into new directions, I hope everything will go well.

Thank you Torsten! New directions? Hmm. Neural networks technology is fascinating and I can't resist experimenting with it but do we really wish the computers did almost everything for us?

No, new directions meant a flood of new and maybe different support requests and wishs beyond the actual state (maybe another kind of user type will come up, with other expectations).

>but do we really wish the computers did almost everything for us?

Only the stupid, very boring tasks. Like placing tags in a stupidly segmented SDLXLIFF project, that is contained in CafeTran's TM, but requires clicking 3 times in everyone of 600 segments.

Meaning: automation should allow us to focus on and enjoy the creative part of translating, the playing around with language.

Here's a nice item in the Proz Plus basket:

Amazing:

You forgot the best: that all Plus members now have free access to the IATE glossaries (when Henk started making and selling them, I bought them directly from him).

Login to post a comment