Start a new topic

CafeTran.DMG for macOS

Today my lovely niece wanted to play Minecraft too, with her cousins. So I allowed her to use this MacBook Pro.

I had to install a newer version of Minecraft, since the one installed, required Java 6.

I downloaded the newest Minecraft.DMG for Mac and realised that it'd be a good thing if CafeTran, starting from macOS, would ship with an embedded Java.

It would make installing CafeTran easier for new users.

About one thing, I'm not sure though: how are updates to the embedded Java provided?

I suppose that would require buying a commercial license for Java. I don't think that would make Igor happy. Nor us users.

H.

Well, omegaT offers this bundled Java, and so do most other players. I do not think there is the need to buy something from Oracle. As long as there are updates all x months, there might be no need to update the bundled Java version, also depending on whether you are able to deactivate some features of this bundled Java version.

Torsten: omegaT offers this bundled Java

OT is open software as well. That Igor, he steals from the poor, and gives to the rich...

H.

Torsten:  I do not think

True.

H.

Could anyone be so kind and ban the trolls out here? Thanks. 

Torsten: Could anyone be so kind and ban the trolls out here? Thanks. 

And if they don't, would you leave this forum, and try to blackmail us, like that other braindead monkey? Who very unfortunately didn't keep his word?

Followed your topic on Keyboard Maestro too. Laughed my ass off. You're a true follower...

H,

Well, Igor should simply calculate how many leads he lost due to H.s behavior here and at ProZ.com. And how much voluntary support gets lost because there is an individual that does not know how to behave properly.

Torsten: Igor should simply calculate how many leads he lost due to H.s behavior here and at ProZ.com. 

He already did, ages ago. Igor may be strange, but he's not a fool.

H.

Login to post a comment