Start a new topic

keep initially untranslated segments separate?

Hi,

I am working on updates for large user documentation files. I would like to keep the set of initially untranslated segments separate somehow (maybe there's a way to color code them or filter by segments translated on a certain date, etc.?) so that I can run QA on just the newly translated segments when I finish the translation.

As it is now, the untranslated segments list is refreshed when certain other functions are performed (like a concordance search), and the recently translated segments are then added to the translated group.

Thanks!

Alyssa

At the start of the project, filter on translated segments. From the task menu, select set as checked. Close the filter. In the Prefences you can instruct CafeTran to skip checked segments during QA. Note however, that in Studio projects you shouldn't close the project, since this wil uncheck the segments.

Thank you! CT has the BEST customer support :)

Hi, unfortunately the segments uncheck whenever I close the program after saving. Another big problem is that they uncheck after exporting and the client I work with keeps getting error messages that "segments aren't approved" when they open my files in the CAT they use (Swordfish). How can I get the checked status to remain?

Hi Alyssa,

For its own projects, CafeTran sets the "Checked" status in target segments, corresponding to the signed-off status (for the reviewed and approved target segments), which I suppose Swordfish can recognize.

Igor

Hi Igor,

Is there a way to save the "checked" status in CT? Like I said, even if I only use CT to open the xlf again after closing the program, the checked status is not saved between sessions. 

Hi Alyssa,

Is it the "Checked" status for the segments already set "Checked"? If yes, CafeTran saves the status automatically when the segment is edited. If you do not edit the segment at all and only change its status, please save the project before closing it.

Igor 

Hi Igor,

I have not been able to get CT to save the checked status between sessions. I am working with "glued" series of files (if that matters). Even if I mark all segments as checked, then save, then export all docs, when I open the project again all segments are unchecked. There just seems to be no way to save the checked status.

This is a big problem for a major client I work with because they get error messages all the time that segments aren't approved. Unfortunately I will have to switch to a different tool if I can't resolve this issue.

Alyssa

Hi Alyssa,

I am trying to reproduce this issue with the Checked segment status and so far the Checked segment status is maintained between sessions in the projects created in CafeTran. What CafeTran version are you using? See it in the menu Help > About > Product version. If this is one of the latest updates, can you exactly describe the steps when this issue appears?

Igor  

Hi Igor,

I'm using version 2016071501 -Ichiro.

The steps are as described above: I mark all segments as checked, then save, then export all docs, and when I open the project again all segments are unchecked.

Hope we can fix this! I'd hate to have to switch CATs...

Hi Alyssa,

Can you please submit a support ticket? There you can attach you project as follows:

1. In CafeTran, go to Project > Export > To Package...

2. In the ticket, attach the created .ctp package to investigate it.

Igor

Login to post a comment