Start a new topic

Ingoring the English articles in AA

In English-Japanese translations, the English articles seldom need to be translated into single, independent Japanese terms: they are usually taken as "part of the context."

I don't know if the following is a tip or bug or else, but I found "underscore" is not taken into AA results.

So, my glossary for ignoring the English articles etc.:

Auto-completion detects this.

But, the AA result does not include this.

A very good news for English-Japanese translators.

Cheers,

A big time saver because "terms and conditions of this LOI" (example above) can virtually absorb the following variables (only as a draft translation, though):

certain terms and conditions of this LOI
some terms and conditions of this LOI
any terms and conditions of this LOI
these terms and conditions of this LOI
the terms and conditions of this LOI

Have a good day

The difference between, say, "certain" and "some" is very easy to handle with my own physical brain.

More or less related, though in the opposite direction: I'm still looking for a way to get rid of the trailing full stop in abbrev. For instance: bzw. Should AA as 'of' and not as 'of.' -- any ideas?
And the opposite is already possible: have a trailing comma inserted where the source term doesn't have one.

>> I'm still looking for a way to get rid of the trailing full stop in abbrev.

I have tried several ways, but none worked ...

Hello,

>> I don't know if the following is a tip or bug or else, but I found "underscore" is not taken into AA results.

Apparently this is a bug in Java (Japanese). Oracle will someday become aware of this and fix it.

Before that, especially for Japanese users, please consider a special type of glossary used only for ignoring certain words in AA (ignored words list).

Login to post a comment