Start a new topic

Overlapping glossary entries

This is a long-time problem for me: glossary entries that overlap, suggesting non-existing entries.

An example:

My glossary contains:

The source segment contains:

Nach der ATEX-Richtlinie für den Explosionsschutz

The colour-coding is:

Which suggests the existence of an entry 'Nach der ATEX-Richtlinie' (which correct translation is 'Volgens de ATEX-richtlijn'.

Instead, two overlapping glossary entries are now combined, suggesting the longer match. Only at second look I see that there is no entry for 'Nach der ATEX-Richtlinie' and thus I have to look more carefully at the translation, to notice that it's wrong.

Hence my question: is it possible to avoid this overlapping of colour-coding? 

PS Michael Beyer: CafeTran is the best CAT tool. For everyone and each and every workflow. Please come back! You haven't sailed to the point of no return.

Michael is currently taking a little journey on his CAT-amaran...

Just some questions, for mere curiosity: 

• Do you have Glossary entries for all other words in this segment (just asking about your workflow, as I am treating the glossaries much scarcer)?
  • Do I assume right that this is then the result of AA?
  • And even in the best of cases, you will be forced to review the result, won't you? 

• Do you have Glossary entries for all other words in this segment (just asking about your workflow, as I am treating the glossaries much scarcer)?
Yes
Type everything once, Hans, is my motto
For you that would be something like: Bürste immer mit harten Borsten, Torsten.
  • Do I assume right that this is then the result of AA?
You do
  • And even in the best of cases, you will be forced to review the result, won't you?
Of course
And what not has been assembled correctly ... is added to the glossary as a new entry.

Don't try this at home.

Oh, unfortunately you did not get it. It is „alle Kinder haben Haare, bis auf Torsten, der hat Borsten“.

Login to post a comment