Start a new topic

What's the special use of the the fourth workflow?

I'm about to write a chapter about the fourth workflow and I was wondering, what's the special selling feature of it? In my understanding, all these file formats can be selected via the first workflow too, am I right?

Hello Hans,

Yes, you can select those bilingual files both ways. There is a third method as well - via drag and drop.

Cheers,

Igor

Igor, 

I was wondering, with regards to making the workflow selector simpler, would it be a good idea to remove this item? So that CafeTran gets 5 instead of 6 workflows?

Editing bilingual files, especially the ones coming from other CATs is a separate workflow, in contrast to creating CafeTran native projects in particular, and it deserves a special attention and informative character.

Igor

>Editing bilingual files, especially the ones coming from other CATs is a separate workflow,

From a technical point of view this is indeed the case. From a user's point of view, however, I think that there's not much difference. Translating a DOCX (where CafeTran creates the XLIFF) or a SDLPPX works the same way from the outside, for the user.

Login to post a comment