Start a new topic

Scope: Glossary only searches source side?

Is it by design that the scope Glossary in the F/R dialogue box will only search at the source side of glossaries, regardless of the setting of the search direction for glossaries?

Since it's a plain text file, it can only search both sides, not one side. By design.

H.

Well, I only get results when I search for Umwentelung and the like (source terms), not when I search for omwenteling and the like (target terms).

I have a similar question. Priority or relation between "Automatic glossary look-up" and the "Search" field selected by right-clicking on the glossary pane.

I must admit that I didn't even know that you can search a glossary via the context menu :).

The amazing under-water world of CafeTran.

Well, we can select the field of a glossary to search, by right-clicking on the tab. "Default scope" is a selection at a higher level (glossary, memory, or else). Then, what "Automatic glossary look-up" does?

Now that a glossary can have header information containing language codes which are automatically detected by CT, it seems this feature (e.g., looking up the right and left terms) has become useless. Or should I say it works only when a glossary does not have header information (old format)?

Masato: Or should I say it works only when a glossary does not have header information (old format)?

That doesn't matter. It's a stupid plain text format. Don't use it. It'l search both SL and TL, unless Igor automatically and invisibly "wraps" the search term(s) in e.g. a regex. Something like, for source:

[return]term(s)[tab]

For target the other way around.

H.

OK!

Masato, now I remember that I once knew this context menu feature. But I had forgotten it. Thanks for reminding me.

> Well, we can select the field of a glossary to search, by right-clicking on the tab. "Default scope" is a selection at a higher level (glossary, memory, or else). Then, what "Automatic glossary look-up" does?

"Automatic glossary look-up" remains unaffected.

> Or should I say it works only when a glossary does not have header information (old format)?

It works exactly as above.

Login to post a comment