Start a new topic

word lists

We need two files, words-absent.txt and words-present.txt according to cafetran.wikidot.com/qa-word-lists.html

1. Are these file names correct? I am not sure of it because I could not find these files anywhere in my cafetran folder.

2. I created these 2 files and saved them in the resources folder. Is it the correct place to save them?

3. Found out that we can use regex and add comments, so far so good (I think). But I am lost in the lists. How can I check, for instance, magazine is translated as dergi throughout my project."Check target for missing words" is not the option to use it seems.

In DVX I could check that with SQL, e.g.

Source LIKE "*magazine*" AND Target_XXXX NOT LIKE "*dergi*" 

I thought word lists can be used for such checks but even after two cups of coffee I still cannot understand how to use these lists.

BR,

Selcuk

> 1. Are these file names correct? I am not sure of it because I could not find these files anywhere in my cafetran folder.

They can have any names you wish.

2. I created these 2 files and saved them in the resources folder. Is it the correct place to save them?

You can access them from any folder via the QA > Word lists menu.

3. Found out that we can use regex and add comments, so far so good (I think). But I am lost in the lists. How can I check, for instance, magazine is translated as dergi throughout my project."Check target for missing words" is not the option to use it seems.

However, here it looks like you need to perform a slightly different function "QA > Terms consistency check (Glossary)" with the selected glossary. Then, CT will show you if you translated 'magazine' other than 'dergi', the entry which your glossary should contain.

Igor

Thanks Igor,

Can we have default names and location for these files, they could be created by the installer I think.

Using a project specific glossary for "Term consistency check" (similar to Lexicon in DVX) makes sense. But then, I fail to understand the benefits of word lists. What can we do with them? I could not find any article in knowledge base on these lists, I have checked the wiki and previous discussions in google group as well but still cannot understand how to use them.

BR,

Selcuk

Selçuk: But then, I fail to understand the benefits of word lists

So do I. I use the ProjectTM (only) for terms consistency check. I also add untranslatables to it, since more often the not, they are project-specific and language pair-specific.

H.

The word lists give the opportunity to search for words (or lack of them) in your project segments (either source or target). You can treat it as the multiple-word search function prepared by the user in the form of a simple text file filled with words.

Login to post a comment