Start a new topic

REQ: Handling the export of several docs

When working in a "glued" view and trying to export the current doc, nothing happens (there is indeed nothing that should happen), but a hint/dialogue saying: "You are in a glued view - there is nothing to export. Please press <Shortcut for Documents view> and go to a specific file to export it!" would be nice.

But there is another problem. When exporting several docs, the first one is exported as <name of the file>.docx and the second one as <Target language code>_<name of the file>_<Source language code>.docx. This has happened a couple of times now.

1 person likes this idea

>When working in a "glued" view and trying to export the current doc, nothing happens (there is indeed nothing that should happen), but a hint/dialogue saying: "You are in a glued view - there is nothing to > > export. Please press <Shortcut for Documents view> and go to a specific file to export it!" would be nice.

https://cafetran.freshdesk.com/discussions/topics/6000024507/page/last#post_6000067121

>But there is another problem. When exporting several docs, the first one is exported as <name of the file>.docx and the second one as <Target language code>_<name of the file>_<Source language > > > >code>.docx. This has happened a couple of times now.

When in glue mode, CT creates a folder with the target language extension in the project directory. It does not append the target language to individual files when you choose Export All documents.

Igor

I need to come back to this.

When proceeding like this
  • Start project
  • Add another doc
  • Glue them
  • Export them
then again:
  • the first one is exported as <name of the file>.docx and the second one as <Target language code>_<name of the file>_<Source language code>.docx.

I did not test this with a source folder, but I suppose the procedure to import a first and later a second doument to export them both is not too exotic.

Please expect the consistency in naming the exported documents in the glue mode soon.

Great, thx.

Login to post a comment