CafeTran Espresso 2016 Ichiro version is available for download. The users who purchased the program after 22 April 2015, in the new licensing system, do not have to install it anew. They can update it via a simple drag and drop procedure as follows:
1. Run CafeTran.
2. Download 20160119_update.zip file from here (do not unzip or rename the file after downloading) and place it on your desktop.
Note: On Mac OSX, the Safari web browser may unzip the file automatically after downloading. To prevent this, just use the right-click menu and choose the "Download Linked File" command.
3. Drag and drop the downloaded file into the Project Dashboard and restart the program.
4. Drag and drop the downloaded file into the Project Dashboard and restart the program. Second time!
The step 4 above is only for users who missed the preview (Harbinger) updates with the new icon sets.
The Ichiro update improves the previous Harbinger version in the following aspects:
- localization of numbers during automatic propagation.
- access to linguee.com resources directly from CafeTran web resources interface.
- support for Crowdin xliff files.
- viewing alphabetically-sorted keyboard shortcuts in a web browser for easy reference and printing.
- simplifying the creation of new glossaries.
This 2016 version of CafeTran is the summary of all the improvements, changes and fixes made last year and in the recent preview version. All this would be impossible without your excellent feedback. Thanks a lot!
Have a wonderful week!
> Is this one of the preview versions, or the official version?
This is an official release.
> Who is this "Ichiro" release named after?
There are a few interpretations which I would like to leave for the user to pick the best :) I like the sound of the name in the first place.
A semicolon is shown as <br>.
Anything I have to do to make it work as a word separator?
The display of synonyms in the glossary uses the html code <br> standing for the new line. Somehow, it slipped through my code checks and CT did not convert this <br> into newline. I've already fixed it in the last update file so it should be displayed fine now. Please download the update file again. Thanks for pointing it out!
>BTW, did you remove "display AA panel" option from Preferences > AA?
This is now replaced by more powerful floatable match bar View > Toolbar > Float match bar.
> "Ichiro" in Japanese means the first son, or a person who has failed in an annual entrance exam and has to spend another year on studying.
( *_* ;)
Nice matchbar, though I would prefer to have it (optionally) docked.
When updating, I get the following error.
Some time ago I had deleted any res file from there I did to need. How can I access the Linguee feature now?
You may have deleted the Examples folder as well. You can create that Examples folder manually or copy the Linugee res files from update zip to the package manually as well.