Start a new topic

No import of large sdlppx

Hi

as per subject CT won't import (Project failed to load) a large 28,2 MB sdlppx file.

What I did is choose the typ of project (SDLPPX) and drop the file into the project dashboard bar, as usual.

The file opens regularly both in Studio and MemoQ

Did you try to load the SDLXLIFF(s) only?

you mean the single files or drop the folder with all sdlxliffs? yes, but I get lots of error messages:

"The target language is missing for this SDLXLIFF file or the file is unsegmented. Please prepare before translation"

Had this yesterday with an XLZ file (http://cafetran.wikidot.com/xlz); exactly the same message. You must indeed set the target language in Studio. Do you have it? I'd like to offer help, but I can only handle DE and NL in Studio.

Sure I have it, thanks for the help.

Wolfgang

Anyway this message is quite funny as neither Studio nor MemoQ admonish that target language is missing. Will use MQ for this one as I don't feel like messing around with some 56 files.

>Will use MQ for this one as I don't feel like messing around with some 56 files.

Whatever you prefer. However, once the target has been set or all sources have been copied to their respective counterparts (and deleted in CafeTran afterwards via Task), there is absolutely no problem whatsoever.

I have always wondered why I don't ever get such SDL projects that cause this 'problem'. I think that all of my clients try to get at least one tiny grain out of an empty TM, e.g. by calculating the reps and thus automatically pre-segment the files for me.

Hi Wolfgang,

I have improved the target language detection in SLDXLIFF filed in the latest update. You might wish to try it out by updating to this new version.

Please note that SLDXLIFF files need to be pre-segmented before translating them in CafeTran.

Igor

Hi Igor

if you are talking about the new version you announced a couple of hours ago, it’s done already.

I never had this problem with other sdlppx files from the same customer for the same end customer so this procedure is new to me.

Can you submit a ticket and provide a link (Dropbox) to download this sdlppx file? I will look into it.

Igor

Will do as soon as Dropbox has loaded the file.

Glad it works on your side, on mine it keeps saying Project failed to load.

pdf

IK: I have improved the target language detection in SLDXLIFF filed in the latest update.

Language detection wasn't a problem until the latest version. Using the penultimate version to open a Studio project, I opened two databases (my problem) with different pairs. No problem.

I'll repeat this later with the latest version.

H.

Latest build still shows the same problems.

H.

Login to post a comment