Start a new topic

WISH Can we have auto-completion a little less suggestive please?

I press 5 to have 'hydraulische druk' inserted:

That's my final choice. Period.

No need to suggest another choice for 'druk':

I have to press escape to close this suggestions box.

Could you please tweak the auto-completion in such a way that when a word is part of a previously inserted multi-word suggestion, this word isn't used again as the first word of another multi-word suggestion.

At least, this is what has bothered my always with AC. Perhaps for other users this proactivity is very useful? If so, they should stand up and speak out loud.

1 person likes this idea

>> Could you please tweak the auto-completion in such a way that when a word is part of a previously inserted multi-word suggestion, this word isn't used again as the first word of another multi-word suggestion.

More context-aware auto-completion!

Hi,
For me well-developed Auto-completion function is the greatest feature of CT. It really makes a difference.
But as a translation grows bigger, say, after 20 translated pages, the number of suggestions makes this function a bit tiresome. Increasing the number of characters will not help, if many fragments begin with the same word.  Would it be possible to limit a number of suggestions displayed at a time? (say, no more than 5-6). Perhaps a bit shorter suggesions would be better?

Regards
                                                                           Wojciech.

Login to post a comment