It is my pleasure to announce CafeTran Espresso 2016 Harbinger available for download. The users who purchased the program after 22 April 2015, in the new licensing system, do not have to install it anew. They can update it via a simple drag and drop procedure as follows:
1. Run CafeTran.
2. Download 20151127_update.zip file from here (do not unzip or rename the file after downloading) and place it on your desktop.
Note: On Mac OSX, the Safari web browser may unzip the file automatically after downloading. To prevent this, just use the right-click menu and choose the "Download Linked File" command.
3. Drag and drop the downloaded file into the Project Dashboard and restart the program.
4. Drag and drop the downloaded file into the Project Dashboard and restart the program. Second time!
The step 4 above is only for users who missed the update 10 with the new icon sets.
The update includes the following changes:
1. The new word/characters count in the Statistics function diplaying the speed of translation in CafeTran running session.
2. The new option for subsegment matching called "Subsegment hits threshold" to reduce the display of low-quality subsegment matches. The default value is 3 which ensures the hits below this number are discarded.
3. The machine translation panes get two new buttons to let the user transfer the MT translation to the target segment and repeat the query with the selected fragment in a more intuitive way.
4. Localized formating of numbers can also take place when the numbers are inside parenthesis.
5. The fix in the typing of accented characters in Portuguese on Mac OS X.
As we approach the year 2016, I think it makes sense to change the name to CafeTran Espresso 2016 Harbinger. This 2016 version of CafeTran is also the summary of all the improvements, changes and fixes made this year.
Have a nice weekend!
> I wonder how to accomplish this for people who work with two source languages, like me, one that needs comma<>dot conversion (EN>NE), one that doesn't (DE>NE).
Turn it off in Preferences > Auto-assembling tab > Format numbers box if you don't need such a conversion.
IK: Turn it off
Yes, of course. That's what I meant a few days ago when I answered that Masato. You'll need to change the settings anyway.